Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Why Do Little Boys Love Trucks So Much?

In the driver's seat and loving it!! :-)


With Dominic being very into all modes of transportation especially trucks at the moment, September was a fun month for him.  He went on a fire station tour and then got to explore all sorts of trucks and other vehicles at the "Touch-a-Truck" event at his school a few days later.  He had a ball!


Such a little boy in front of the big fire truck


Dominic and I first took a trip to the local fire station with the Dunwoody MOMS Club, and Dominic got to get up on a fire truck, meet some fire fighters, and tour the fire station.  I had planned for Blake to come along too (and stressed a bit over how I would deal with both boys in a situation where I knew Dominic would be a bit clingy uneasy).  Then Blake decided he didn't want to nap that afternoon , so I asked my mom if she would stay with him so he could nap or be in a bad mood, while I took Dominic on a mommy-son date, just the two of us.  Of course, it ended up Blake was perfectly happy at home with my mom the whole time and never slept.

up in the truck!

Running around the fire station, so excited!

Dominic ended up having a great time, but was, as I suspected, a little weary at first.  He ended up getting up in the driver's seat on both sides of the fire truck and loved it!  He really had a great time!

We missed Blake, but it was a fun mommy-son date with Dominic!


 The next weekend Brian and I took the boys to the Touch-a-Truck event at his school.  He got to go in a garbage truck (it was clean and possibly new, I promise!), some construction diggers, a tractor, the same fire truck for a second time, and best of all a SWAT tank (Brian could tell you the exact vehicle title).  Dominic did not like the police car sirens and therefore stayed away from that car (smart boy).  Needless to say, Dominic had a great time and so did we!

driving a construction vehicle

Dominic wanted me up there with him.

All 3 boys driving the garbage truck!

Dominic and me in the SWAT tank - Dominic's favorite!

Lots of buttons to push!

The boys in front of the SWAT tank

I don't know why boys love trucks so much, but considering that I live in a house full of boys, this was the perfect event for the Mortons!

No comments:

Post a Comment