Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blake's 1st Birthday!

Blake's 1st Birthday!
I can hardly believe that it's already been a year since my tiny, little baby boy was born!!  We celebrated his birthday with a party with friends and family a few days after Thanksgiving and then the Brian, Dominic, Blake and I celebrated on his actual birthday by ourselves.  

Blake's birthday party was a little nerve-wracking.  We decided to have it Morgan Falls Overlook Park in Sandy Springs.  It's a beautiful park and definitely a great birthday party venue.  We were lucky that the weather was beautiful that day - very sunny!  However, we were rather unlucky that after having weeks of 60-70 degree weather, of course we had 50-something degree weather the day of the party.  Fortunately, it wasn't quite as cold or windy as it had been the day before (thank God), and we got the fireplace working under the pavilion  so it ended up being okay.  

Since Blake is our little "caterpillar" as he crawls around everywhere, the party's theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar (thank you, Pinterest), so I tried to make the food correspond with the book.  Blake LOVED his first bite(s) of cake and the attention didn't bother him in the least.  He ended up completely demolishing that smash cake (the caterpillar's head) and ate a lot.  I had been worried he would gag and throw up in front of everyone because of his recent issue with a sensitive gag reflux, but thankfully he was fine!  I was stressed out about everything, but I think the party went smoothly!  









For Blake's actual birthday, Brian, Blake, Dominic, and I went to Catch Air since he loves crawling around.  The boys ran/crawled around, climbed, and played, while Brian and I chased after them.  It was a lot of fun!  After nap time, we went to buy our first ever real Christmas tree at the "tree farm."  The boys had a blast and it was a perfect day with my all of boys!  What a perfect first birthday for our sweet baby boy!     


No comments:

Post a Comment