Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dominic's 1st Haircut


Last Saturday marked a big day for Dominic.  Brian and I took him to get his first haircut ever, and the baby mullet is officially gone!  We had planned (and then chickened out) on taking Dominic to the haircut place a couple of times already, but that hair was getting way too long at the point when we could put it in a ponytail, something I firmly believe a boy should never be able to do with his hair.  We took him to Pigtails and Crewcuts in Buckhead.  All he needed was a trim on the back, the front, and around the sides which were going over his ears. 

Before the haircut - notice the baby mullet
Another Before picture...check out the long hair on his forehead
Baby Mullet before the haircut

Dominic got to sit in a police car chair (the firetruck was already occupied during his turn).  He did well at the beginning, barely noticing that the back of his hair aka the baby mullet was being cut.  The worst part was when the hair lady started cutting the hair that goes over his forehead.  He was squirming and crying like crazy.  Brian and I were putting toys in Dominic’s face and singing his favorite songs to him in an effort to help distract him from the haircut.  He calmed down but was still squirming as the hair on the sides of his head was cut.  The hair stylist was amazing to be able to keep cutting his hair as he moved around so much.  And then finally the torture was over! 

Getting in the chair.  He definitely knew something was up!

Behind the wheel

haircut smock on

And the haircut officially begins!

Looking at a baby book to distract him

He LOVED that baby book. 

Uh oh!  Someone hates getting his haircut!

Daddy gave Dominic a pep talk and it worked!

Our baby boy now looks more like a little boy.  I teared up a bit at the end, but overall I felt that I was a very composed mommy.  It helped that I was busy taking pictures the whole time to document the big event.  Between this milestone and his upcoming birthday, I'm a bit sad that the baby, with whom I feel like I was just pregnant, is now a little boy.  I am so proud of Dominic for being such a brave kid during his haircut.  At the very least, it made for some great pictures!  :)    

After the haircut.  The baby mullet is gone!!

Looking so handsome with his big boy haircut!

Such a big boy!

Very proud of himself :)

Happy it's over!
The picture and card they gave us for D's baby book

No comments:

Post a Comment