![]() |
| Our happy, little boy is finally feeling better! :) |
Dominic is now officially on 3 solid meals a day. His schedule, an ever-changing thing, currently looks like this:
9:00am – Breast milk
10:00am – Breakfast – yogurt
1:00pm – Breast milk
1:30pm – Lunch – fruit
5:00pm – Breast milk
6:00pm – Dinner – vegetable
9:00pm – Bedtime Bottle
The latest food Dominic was introduced to is peaches..we do live in Georgia, after all! That’s what I’ve been giving him at lunch. I’m not sure if it was the peaches or just a coincidence, but Dominic started licking his lips when he tasted the peaches. Sometimes he seems to like the peaches, other times he seems to kind of not like them, and then even there are even other times when he seems indifferent to them.
![]() |
| Licking his lips as he eats peaches for the first time. |
A new thing is that Dominic keeps talking when he’s eating. We think he’s trying to copy the “mmmmm” sound when he eats that Brian and I always make when we’re feeding him. It’s so cute. As far as finger foods go, Dominic continues to eat Puffs, pasta, bits of potatoes and now shredded cheese. I’m still making baby food, but I’m doing one fruit or vegetable each week. I’m no longer adding water to them, so they are a thicker consistency.
Last week we finally got the house fumigated! Brian and I had been paranoid about having it done while I was pregnant and hen with a baby in the house, so this was our first time having it done. The pediatrician said it was fine as long as Dominic stayed out of the house for 6 hours after, so he and I spent the day at Nonna and Papa’s house (my parents' house). The pest control man also didn’t spray in Dominic’s room to be safe. The day wasn’t very productive for me, but it was nice to see Dominic play with Lacey. He was fascinated with her tail, but I don’t think she was such a fan of that. Dominic enjoyed the different toys at his grandparents’ house, but detested the crib/nursery when it was nap time. I put him in the crib with the noise machine on that I brought from his nursery , and he immediately screamed. He calmed down once I had closed the door to his room but cried and screamed when I even had the door cracked a little to see what him. Clever boy. It was very interesting.
![]() |
| Dominic loves Lacey. We aren't sure if the feeling is mutual. |
The Mortons had a busy weekend. Friday night we went to a dinner for young families at the church. This was the first night they had it, and of course, as always in Dunwoody we were the youngest parents there by far. We’re hoping to get some friends to go to the next one. On Saturday, we had a photo session with the photographer from our wedding. This time we got some family pictures and photos of Dominic.
After the photo session, we headed to the Dunwoody Musical Festival right down the street from our neighborhood at Brook Run Park. Brian, Dominic, and I went with my parents and met up with Chris, Carrie, and her parents. We all partook in the Chili Cook-off, which was especially fun for Brian. Dominic wore his Pink Floyd shirt and of course ended up napping in his stroller even with all of the music from the different stages.
![]() |
| Dominic and me at the Dunwoody Music Festival. |
![]() |
| Someone had a little too much fun at the concert... |
On Sunday night, we hosted our first non-family dinner party at our house. Of course, there was family there since Carrie brought Chris of course. The dinner was Mexican themed and turned out well. Hosting with a baby though is a different experience.
I took Dominic to story time at the Sandy Springs Library on Monday. Although the Dunwoody Library is much nicer and newer and preferable in the way that it is set up, the story time at SS was far superior due to the librarian. She was enthusiastic and much more active with the kids. Dominic had fun especially when blew bubbles at the kids, and we plan to return next week!
![]() |
| BUBBLES!! |
We can’t wait for Dominic’s first Halloween on Sunday! Today we went to a Halloween party with the Dunwoody MOMS Club after playgroup at our house. Other than a short 15 minute catnap this morning around 9:30, Dominic didn’t take a nap until 2:00 when we got home from the party. This didn’t combine very well with Dominic’s monkey thick costume and the 70-degree weather. He ended up having to be stripped down to his diaper to cool off in the middle of the party. Hopefully, it will be cooler out, and Dominic will be in a better mood on Halloween!
![]() |
| "Why did Mommy put me in this thing?" |
As you can probably see we are busier than ever here. We are constantly going from one activity to the next especially on weekends. I guess I’m still trying to find a balance. It’s funny how before I was a mom I thought I’d be bored. Um so that’s not the case at all! There’s never a dull moment. Of course the occurrences at home aren’t the most interesting things in the world to others, but then again I could watch Dominic playing and doing new things for hours at a time. It’s amazing to see how much he develops in just a few weeks and especially months!
![]() |
| Oops...someone ended up in the laundry. :) |








No comments:
Post a Comment