Dominic has become a little monkey. He's crawling around everywhere now. Dominic is 7 months old today and already doing all of these things.
Dominic also pulled up on the sofa for the first time on Tuesday. He's so strong and was very happy with himself. Look at him standing there on his tippy toes, trying to get to my laptop and the TV remote control. He's such a little boy already!
Then last night when I looked away for a minute...okay, I was technically looking down at my laptop - yes, on Facebook...Dominic climbed up onto the fireplace hearth and was trying to climb into the fireplace when I stopped him. Of course, I took a couple of pictures to commemorate the occasion first though.
Our week was pretty busy this week. Monday we went to story time at the library, which was great! Dominic LOVED it even though it cut into his nap time. He had never been around so many other babies at once before, but he adored the other babies especially the girls. He's such a little player already. I think I'm going to have a hard time when he's a teenager. We met some other babies and mommies there, and they invited us to their playgroup today (Thursday). We're planning on making the story time part of our weekly schedule.
Dominic and I also went to the store as we normally do on Mondays (exciting, I know). This was the first time that I put Dominic in the actual shopping cart (in a cover up so he doesn't actually touch the germy cart). This went really well except that he was pretty tired by the end of the trip and leaning over in the seat. It was pretty cute. :)
On Tuesday, Dominic and I went to his swim class as usual. He continues to be a big fan of the water. We have 4 classes left and then I think we're going to take a break until the spring. I feel at that point he'll be older and perhaps start really learning to swim instead of just becoming comfortable in the water. Plus it'll be colder out and even though the pool is indoors, taking a baby from the pool to the car while he's wet might not be too good. I do want to teach him to swim by next summer.
On Wednesday, we typically will have our MOMS Club playgroup, but that was canceled since none of us could attend. I was planning on attending St. Monica's Circle at our church, but I didn't sleep well the night before and woke up not feeling well. Not to mention, Dominic woke up in a terrible mood. Thankfully, we didn't attend because he was terrible all morning. He would have gone into the nursery while I attended the group, and his behavior probably would have been a problem. I was very anxious about putting him in the nursery to begin with since I've never left him like that before. The program meets once a month, so we're going to try to go next time. Maybe I'll be okay by then with the nursery idea.
Today, Dominic and I went to the playgroup that we met at the library. This is the first group of moms that met who are close to my age in Dunwoody and stay-at-home moms. I've been increasingly discouraged at the fact that every mom I meet who stays home with their baby is about 10 years older than me, has other kids, and basically has very little in common with me. I love talking to any other mom, but I've been looking for ones who are closer to my age, so this was perfect. We're going to add this to our weekly schedule and start doing this playgroup on Thursdays now. It was so cute though, Dominic played with his little girlfriends and we even put them in a little, kiddy pool (so cute). Dominic loved the water...as he always does. Dominic is in 3 playgroups now (this one, MOMS Club, and our neighborhood one that occasionally gets together), and Dominic is the only boy in all 3 playgroups.
That leaves Fridays, which will be more of our "free" day when we can have lunch with people or get things done around the house. I think Brian thinks/knows that I'm absolutely schedule obsessed, but it really does help me get things done. I'm a creature of habit, and I love structure. I think babies are the same way, and I think one of the very most important things a mom can do is put her baby on a schedule. I know mothers from my parents' generation aren't as big into schedules as my generation, but I seriously see a difference with sleep and behavior in babies on schedules versus ones who aren't. With that in mind, you also have to remember that schedules are constantly changing along with babies' evolving sleep patterns, eating patterns, and everything else.
This month is the first one where I'm officially not getting paid. I did just get a student I'm tutoring, so that helps, but it's only half an hour a week, so it doesn't exactly "pay the bills." Brian is very close to paying off his credit cards and then I'll feel better about things. We have been much better about staying in to eat, but we're going to sit down and make some rules to try to live by in order to keep our finances in check... like we're only allowed to eat out for dinner once a week on weekends and once for lunch or breakfast on weekends. The problem is that I love eating out way too much. Then again if I buy the food especially meat in advance it works well because we can't let the food go bad. By Thursday though I'm usually craving chips and salsa. Yummy...sounds delicious!
Basically, I never thought staying at home could keep me this busy with all of these activities and chores around the house (I have a chore and laundry schedule...can we say OCD?). On top of all of that, I'm one of the people in charge of our high school reunion, so I'm very, very busy. Hope you like the new format with lots of pictures included! Since I'm such a picture-taking person, I think this works much better. Until next time...




No comments:
Post a Comment